Trekking Agencies' Association of Nepal (TAAN) was formed and registered with the Kathmandu CDO Office in 1979 by a handful of trekking agents who realized that it was time to assemble and create an umbrella organization under which they could work together to meet their common goals and also assist the government by providing suggestions to develop trekking business into a revenue generating industry. Such a body was necessary for many reasons. There was a need for a single organization, which could undertake the major responsibilities to develop and promote adventure tourism in the country. The need for a responsible body, which could play a significant and conducive role to mitigate mountain environmental stress, was felt essential.Since the inception of TAAN not only the trekking agencies have been increasing, and so has the TAAN members. TAAN limited its membership only to Nepalese ...more
Trekking in Nepal: Guerrillas in our midst Sue Watt We had encountered Maoists in Nepal before. On the Annapurna Circuit Trek in 2003, two men visited our teahouse demanding a “donation” to the revolutionaries’ cause. Extortion by another name, it was a strangely businesslike transaction, with negotiations, payment of 1,000 Nepalese rupees ...readmoreview all
Trekking Agencies' Association of Nepal (TAAN) on Thursday organized an interaction with its membe...
The budget for fiscal year 2014/15 has taken the policy of promoting Nepal as an attractive and saf...
The Trekking Agencies’ Association of Nepal (TAAN) and representatives of four unions of trekking...
The government is set to earn foreign currency worth around Rs 45.46 billion from tourism industry ...
Sign Up for Our Newsletter:
- D & D Treks International Pvt. Ltd.
- Daisy Himal Treks & Expedition Pvt. Ltd.
- Dal Bhat Power Adventures Pvt. Ltd.
- Danne Adventure Treks (P.) Ltd
- Dawn Till Dusk Pvt. Ltd.
- Desire Nepal Treks, Travels & Tours Pvt. Ltd.
- Destination Himalaya Treks & Expedition Pvt. Ltd.
- Destination Management INC P. Ltd.
- Destination Nepal Trek & Expedition (P) Ltd.
- Destination Unlimited Treks & Expedition P. Ltd.
- Devo Adventure P. Ltd.
- Devp Adventure P. Ltd.
- Dharma Adventures (P) Ltd.
- Dhaulagiri Adventure Treks Pvt. Ltd.
- Different Treks Service (P) Ltd.
- Discover Adventure P. Ltd.
- Discover Himalayan Sherpa (P) Ltd.
- Discover Himalayan Treks (P) Ltd.
- Discover World Trekking
- Divine International Explore & Treks
- DJ's Tourism Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Doko Adventure P. Ltd.
- Dolpa Treks (P) Ltd.
- Dragon Outdoor Club P. Ltd.
- Dream Discovery Treks Pvt. Ltd.
- Dream Himalaya Adventures
- Dreamers Destination Trek & Expedition
Trekker's Information Management System(TIMS)
The Government of Nepal has made some changes in existing Trekkers’ Management Information System (TIMS) provisions from April 1, 2010. As per the government decision, Nepal Tourism Board (NTB) and Trekking Agencies’ Ass...readmore