To become a Member
General Members: All trekking agencies registered with the Government of Nepal (GoN) can apply for the general membership of Trekking Agencies' Association of Nepal (TAAN). TAAN levies a fee of Rs 12,000 for general membership which has to be renewed every year by paying renewal fee of Rs 5,000. Interested companies are required to submit following documents:
- Official request letter in the letter pad of the agency signed by the key person and with stamp.
- License to operate trekking business issued by the Department of Tourism (DoT) under the Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation
- Business registration certificate issued by the Department of Small and Cottage Industries.
- PAN/VAT Registration Certificate
- Certificate of Incorporation of Company issued by the Office of the Company Registrar.
- Copies of Artilces of Association (Prabandhapatra) and Articles of Memorandum (Niyamabali).
- Copy of license issued by Nepal Rastra Bank for foreign exchange transactions.
- Citizenship certificates and PP photographs of shareholders
TAAN executive committee will approve the membership after going through the documents.
Associate Members: Organizations (both local and international) can apply for associate membership of TAAN. Associate members, however, will not have voting right in the association. TAAN levies a fee of Rs 8,000 for associate membership for organizations registered under the Government of Nepal which has to be renewed every year by paying renewal fee of Rs 3,000. Similarly, foreign organizations need to pay US$ 100 annually.
Interested organizations are required to submit following documents:
- Official request letter in the letter pad of the organization.
- Copies of registration and other supporting document issued by their respective countries.
TAAN Executive Committee, however, can reject the application without showing any reason whatsoever.
Honorary Members: TAAN can confer honorary membership on personalities (both Nepalis and foreigners) or organizations (both local and international) making significant contribution for the promotion of Nepal's tourism industry for a period of one year. However, it has to be endorsed by two-third majority of the association's executive committee.