Where and how to obtain
Where and how to obtain a TIMS Card
Free Individual Trekkers:
Free Individual Trekkers can obtain TIMS cards from TIMS checkpost in Pokhara, and the offices of Nepal Tourism Board in Kathmandu and Pokhara, upon filling up TIMS application form.
Organized trekkers can obtain TIMS cards from TAAN Secretariat in Maligaun, TAAN TIMS Counter in Saatghumti, Thamel, and TAAN Pokhara Secretariat in Pokhara
TIMS Card is compulsory to trek in all trekking areas in the country. However, TIMS cards aren’t required for following:
- Expedition members with mountaineering permits issued by the government and Nepal Mountaineering Association.
- Visitors to controlled areas having permits issued by the Department of Immigration
- Foreign guests invited by the Government of Nepal
- Authorities from the various diplomatic missions present in the country, who hold official letter/s and travel at their own risk
- Visitors on certain missions recommended by the concerned Governmental Department(s)
- Foreign Nationals possessing a residential visa.
- TIMS counter at TAAN Secretariat follows regular working hours (10am-5pm) and during winter months (Nov. 01- Jan 31) it opens from (10am-4pm). It is closed on Saturdays and public holidays.
- TIMS Counter at Saatghumti, Thamel opens at 7 am and closes at 6 pm. On Saturdays and public holidays, however, the counter opens from 10 am to 1 pm.
- Nepal Tourism Board (NTB) follows government working hours i.e. 10 am till 5 pm. It, however, is closed on Saturdays and public holidays.
- Copy of Passport
- Two passport (PP) size photographs
- Detailed Itinerary